Good working environment is important to improve safety and health at work. Good lighting and ventilation and protection from hazardous chemicals, noise and heat are necessary in any workplace. Since we all know these factors become a cause of occupational diseases, careful precautions must be taken to prevent these risks.
Five goals for physical environment
- Combine the use of daylight and lighting.
- Increase natural ventilation and improve ventilation systems.
- Isolate or screen sources of hazardous chemicals, noise, or heat.
- Put labels on all containers of hazardous chemicals.
- Ensure safe wiring connections.
To achieve these goals:
‐Provide skylights and high windows and keep them clean
‐Relocate lights or provide task lights for precision work
‐Increase natural ventilation by having more openings
‐Provide push pull ventilators.
‐Isolate or screen sources of hazardous chemicals, dust, noise or heat
‐Provide local exhausts in contaminated areas.
‐Put labels on all containers of hazardous chemicals
‐Ensure safe wiring connections.